Health Care Providers
HIV Prevention Education & Services
We have an experienced team of harm-reduction focused, community outreach workers that can educate clients on HIV prevention and will connect them to appropriate biomedical services.
For more information call:
• PrEP Services 443-386-1746
• nPEP Services 443-682-1401
HIV Specialty Care
For clients who require HIV specialty care but who already have a primary care provider, please call the University of Maryland THRIVE Program at 410-225-8369 to request an appointment. THRIVE stands for Together, Healing, Reaching, Inspiring to achieve Victory over illness and Embrace life. We will also refer these clients to our HIV Treatment, Retention & Adherence Program, unless you or the client desires otherwise.
The Education track of the JACQUES Initiative is recommended for all patients considering HAART, those newly diagnosed, or re-engaging into medical care. Topics included at our HIV 101 workshop include epidemiology, life cycle of HIV and it's transmission, comorbidities, treatment side effects and resistance. Also discussed is eliminating stigma, role and importance of HIV testing, healthy living, and living well with HIV. Clients will receive a certificate of completion.
To register your patient email the patient's and doctor’s name to firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also call 410-225-8828 to register a client.
HIV Treatment Adherence
The Treatment, Retention and Adherence track is recommended for clients who are being considered for HAART as naïve to therapy or with a history of poor adherence. This process will begin with our HIV 101 course and a screening visit in our Treament, Retention & Adherence Center (TRAC) within 1 week to survey the client’s barrier to adherence. Next steps are to connect the client with a community of support and hope, and tailor a plan to the medical providers preference and needs of the patient. All of the available services of the JACQUES Initiative can be accessed by patients in this track.
To register your patient for Treatment, Retention & Adherence Services, please call 443-552-2616 or send us an email with the following information:
- Patient’s name
- Doctor’s name
- Social Worker's name
- Any support services that you think the client may benefit from or is currently involved with
- Any pertinent adherence information (1-2 sentences)
Community Case Management Program
Provides community case management for people living with HIV.
Services offered include:
- Engaging clients who need additional assistance outside of the clinic
- Connection/re-connection to HIV outpatient care for medical and psycho-social needs
- Support to avoid re-hospitalization or other illness
- Home visits for clients who need community case management or have clinical needs
- Assistance with client’s immediate needs for shelter, transportation, food, etc.
- Peer Support – “meeting people where they are”
UMMC Midtown Campus
Treatment Retention and Adherence Center
827 Linden Ave.
Armory Building Suite D
Baltimore, MD 21201
Questions? Call 443-930-2078